Well, it is my first time to write annual self-appraisal on my blog. Here is what I have got and what I am going to do.
- I have contributed three projects to Novogene: MSI algorithm, TMB algorithm and ACMG auto-interpretation pipeline.
- The first half year is for MSI and TMB, and the latter half year is for IVD project.
- Wrote a project exceeding 3000-line codes, which enables me to handle relatively complex system.
- Finished reconstructing several of my old projects using python.
- Learned basic grammar of Scala.
- My wife bought me a MacBook Pro 13-Inch(2017), which I used to write this article. It is necessary to have effective tools to do good work.
- My cooking skill improves a lot, especially Stir-fried Shredded Pork with Green Pepper.
- Have read six books, which enlightened me most is Stories about Ming Dynasty.
- Got my master diploma from AMMS.
- Exercise once per week.
In 2018, I still hold the opinion that scientific writing and coding are the most important skills for a bioinformatician. Therefore, my flags for 2018 are:
- Reconstruct one of my projects using scala
- Finish a machine learning project on Kaggle
- Study English 30 minutes per day
- Read 10 books
- Exercise three times per week, which is twice than what I have done in 2017
- Spare average 2 hours per day on the family